Decide to become a better manager!
Finding the right decision making technique, or the tips and tools to help you develop your skills in ONE PLACE is hard enough. Here you’ll also find insights and some different thinking to take decision making to the next level!
Some people argue that decision making is the most important aspect of management. Given the complex set of responsibilities faced by all managers, it might also be argued that it’s also the most difficult. It’s the scale and scope of decision making, its constant presence, and the potential impacts of the decisions made, that perhaps make this true.
Welcome to our decision making knowledge hub. designed to give you some thoughtful and practical insights into this the most difficult aspect of management. Scroll down to our articles, quick-read tips and other resources to help you:
- Think about whether you have a decision to make.
- Define decision making in a way that helps you to understand what makes for good decision making.
- Identify how different types of decisions require different types of decisions.
- Assess decisions based on their level.
- Apply different decision making styles.
- Implement formal decision making processes.
- Develop your intuitive decision making capability.
There is no doubt that the decisions you make shape the organisation you are in. So how can you make better decisions?
You might like to start with our featured article for a definition of decision making. Here we introduce a new decision making technique: POCA. Then perhaps make use of our great range of resources, starting with our rational decision making model. This provides an excellent overview of this critical management skill.
Wherever you decide to start, you’ll find a great set of resources to help you improve your decision making skills. Decide to become a better manager – managers make the difference!
Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision. Peter Drucker