A better way to manage for all managers!
Whatever your experience, level or responsibilities, this site is for anyone who wants to be a better manager! It contains a wealth of ideas, tips and tools for all managers: experienced; new or aspiring.
Click on any of the topic links in our Knowledge Hub to find…
- Insights to challenge, inspire, and refresh.
- Ideas to help you build a worthwhile and meaningful career.
- Articles to help you balance effective knowledge, skills and action with a focus on well-being at work.
- Techniques to build your management knowledge, ensuring it’s thorough and well-informed.
- Tools to make your work easier and to help you develop good practice.
- Tips to help you cut to the essentials – get helpful, practical advice quickly!
- Stories and quotes to motivate, inspire and help you see things differently.
Developing your organisation’s managers
How do you keep your busy managers up to date with fresh thinking?
Many management websites focus on practical knowledge and skills, but amidst so many tools, techniques and skills, do we know which are most closely linked to better performance? Practical knowledge and tools may be enough to keep your business going but it’s intellectual skills and insights that will take it to the next level.
Some sites provide the ideas and theories behind the tools but often don’t present the evidence base of how the tools are linked to better performance. Even fewer sites will emphasize intellectual skills and fewer still do all three.
Three Levels of Learning
You will find that this site enables three levels of learning.
Firstly, you’ll find explanations of management theories, ideas and concepts. This knowledge provides the foundations for effective management by focusing on the basics, and on how to do them well.
Secondly, we include tips, tools and techniques that will help managers to apply their knowledge and skills. These answer the fundamental question: which management practices enable best performance?
Thirdly, we offer insights, intellectual challenge and thought leadership, to encourage different thinking and higher level development. This is what helps managers become real leaders, stepping up to the next level and reaching their potential.
On this site we bring all three together. We’ll help your managers to acquire the practical skills needed to keep your organisation running effectively. Grounded in a solid evidence base, we’ll help develop their intellectual skills and insights, to help them, and the people they manage, to achieve their best. Which is good for them, and good for their organisations.