Advice on project management
Firstly though, some introductory advice on project management. The UK’s Chartered Management Institute has produced a common sense checklist of advice:
- View a project as an opportunity to enhance your knowledge and career;
- Keep your priorities under regular review;
- Say “no” when necessary;
- Ask for help when needed;
- Don’t agree to anything which is impossible (remember nothing is impossible for the person who doesn’t have to do it);
- Don’t push yourself too far or work unreasonably long hours, even if you feel energised;
- Don’t get so involved in the project that you forget your day job;
- Don’t try to hide any problems.
What to do next? Start with our project management model to provide you with an initial framework for your projects.